Tsisqan Lodge #253, is the integral lodge for the Oregon
Trail Council. It serves as the areas honor-camping society, and provides
service and assistance to the council, mainly the council camps Camp Baker and
The lodge itself has been in existence since 1944. The
original ordeal ceremony was held on March 4, 1944 at the Eugene Girl Scout
Council house. Less than a month later on the 23rd, Jim Vitus of Eugene, was
elected as the Lodge"s first Chief. Also at this time, Donald Gerretsen of
Roseburg was appointed as scribe, and Walter Banks of Eugene was appointed as
treasurer. This is also the time the first Charter was issued for Tsisqan Lodge
#253. The name Tsisqan, derived from the Umpqua Indian word meaning deer.
Over the years, the Lodge has helped organize and
institute many lodges all over the northwest area. Hence the name
"Grandfather Lodge." After many years of service to the northwest, the
Lodge settled into the Section W-1A, where it stands today after more than 60
years of cheerful service.
Click here for a more extensive
look at Tsisqan history.
For new members, check out the OA
Jumpstart page to learn more about the OA Program. For additional
information on the OA in general, check out the National
OA Page. For leadership and training in general, look at the Lodge
Leadership Development page.
Tsisqan Lodge #253
2525 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
Eugene, OR 97401-5806
* Contact Feature:
Council Office: Oregon Trail Council
Lodge Chief: Zach Colbert
Lodge Adviser: Chris Graves
For a full list of our leaders, please check out the Leaders
The Contact Feature allows you to contact leaders
a way that is safe and secure.
Here for more information about "Tsisqan Contact Feature"